- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Bulgaria: Hybrid tomato varieties are becoming more important for small to medium growers
- Vietnam: Mekong farmers switching to more profitable crops
- Mexico: Yaqui Valley expects to harvest 650,000 boxes of asparagus
- Level 1 Water Restrictions start November 3
- Kenya: Del Monte does not show up for mediation
Spain: Sale of French potatoes posing as domestic production is denounced
According to Asaja, the retailer is promoting "the new domestic potato" with big posters, but in fact, when reading the fine print, you see that they actually come from France.
"Once again, the retail sector is trying to sell imported potatoes as Spanish, when they are only packed here," said Asaja of Castile-Leon in a statement, which also calls for Mercadona to immediately stop using this trick in its stores.
The association was said to be surprised about the supermarket chain doing this just now, when the market is flooded with domestic potatoes at low prices, because growers have been forced to sell them for between 6 and 8 cents per kilo - "well below the production costs."
"Once again, retailers play by their own rules, completely ignoring the problems suffered by Spanish producers and the preferences of consumers," stressed the association.
As a measure to prevent these drawbacks, Asaja has asked consumers to support Spanish producers when choosing the products at the store and give priority to the domestic market. At the moment, the region produces one million of the three million tonnes of potatoes consumed in the territory.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-13 Ireland: Soaring potato costs create pressure for food processors
- 2018-11-13 Ireland: Domestic potato market report
- 2018-11-13 Nigeria: Enugu onions dealers attribute high cost and scarcity to poor harvest
- 2018-11-13 Poland: Lower availability and smaller-sized onions this season
- 2018-11-13 Potato brand offers tips for plant-based menu plans
- 2018-11-13 Lao onion and garlic smuggled across Mekong River
- 2018-11-13 Surviving hard potato times
- 2018-11-13 US potato exports down: Retaliatory tariffs blamed
- 2018-11-12 Canada: rain worries potato growers
- 2018-11-12 US: Wisconsin potato crop facing 12 percent decline
- 2018-11-12 Canadian grower slips into sweet potato production
- 2018-11-12 Canada: Prince Edward Island farmers say 15% of crops still in ground
- 2018-11-09 China: Potato production down 20%, potato reserve fell by 30%
- 2018-11-09 "Prices of French sweet potatoes are stable"
- 2018-11-09 China: Fewer winter potatoes than last year
- 2018-11-09 US: Onion Market and Crop Update
- 2018-11-09 Cape onion producers well-placed to take advantage of European shortage
- 2018-11-09 Egypt exported over 759,200 tons of ware potatoes
- 2018-11-09 Dr Oz Show educates on the health benefits of onions
- 2018-11-09 'Potato gene' reveals how ancient Andeans adapted to starchy diet