- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Turkey: Potato harvest under way in various production areas
- Russia: White cabbage prices up by an average of 20%
- Balanced potato and onion market, below average carrot harvest
- Landgard opens new service center with state-of-the-art ripening technology
- New technology takes 87% of sugars out of fruit juice
Spain: Sale of French potatoes posing as domestic production is denounced
According to Asaja, the retailer is promoting "the new domestic potato" with big posters, but in fact, when reading the fine print, you see that they actually come from France.
"Once again, the retail sector is trying to sell imported potatoes as Spanish, when they are only packed here," said Asaja of Castile-Leon in a statement, which also calls for Mercadona to immediately stop using this trick in its stores.
The association was said to be surprised about the supermarket chain doing this just now, when the market is flooded with domestic potatoes at low prices, because growers have been forced to sell them for between 6 and 8 cents per kilo - "well below the production costs."
"Once again, retailers play by their own rules, completely ignoring the problems suffered by Spanish producers and the preferences of consumers," stressed the association.
As a measure to prevent these drawbacks, Asaja has asked consumers to support Spanish producers when choosing the products at the store and give priority to the domestic market. At the moment, the region produces one million of the three million tonnes of potatoes consumed in the territory.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-19 Canada: P.E.I. anticipating pay-outs for poor potato harvest
- 2018-11-19 The hottest “toast” of the town
- 2018-11-19 Prices rising dramatically on strained onion market
- 2018-11-19 North Carolina sweet potato growers finish challenging harvest
- 2018-11-19 India: Bengal government bans import of seed potato
- 2018-11-19 New potato from Maine on New England supermarket shelves
- 2018-11-19 Upper East Ghana tomato farmers switch to onions
- 2018-11-19 Indian traders fear onion price hike
- 2018-11-16 Peru: Researchers developing potatoes resistant to disease and climate change
- 2018-11-16 North Carolina sweet potato grower promotes personnel
- 2018-11-16 US Onion Market and Crop Update for November 15, 2018
- 2018-11-16 Cyprus potato prices sky-rocketing due to shortages
- 2018-11-16 Potato variety Cold River Gold now available for consumers
- 2018-11-15 EU: Support for French fry producers against Colombia
- 2018-11-15 Canada: Short harvest causes potato shortage in Manitoba
- 2018-11-15 “Next week’s weather forecast puts pressure on potato supply”
- 2018-11-15 Egyptian spring onions more and more present in the German wholesale and retail trade
- 2018-11-15 Cameroon: scarcity and rising prices of onions
- 2018-11-15 France: "Difficult markets for Bintje"
- 2018-11-15 Germany: Potato harvest at historically low level