Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Collaboration between Rotom Tomatoes and GH Ulma
Rotom Tomatoes have acquired a new packaging machine from GH Ulma. The company is situated in Sint-Katelijne-Waver, which is in the heart of Belgium's vegetable growing region.
Tom De Winter: "Rotom Tomatoes is able to package a broad range of products in a variety of different kinds of packaging. These include in a flowpack - with, or without a tray, stretch wrapping, or tray-sealed packaging. This is why we are purchasing all these machines from GH." As with any growing business, growth goes hand-in-hand with expansion. This is why, in 2017, a new packaging facility was set up close to Mechelse Auctioneers. It has two additional packing lines for on-the-vine tomatoes.
"GH ULMA made things easy from day one. They have a very flexible team of six technicians, who are always standing at the ready to help where needed", says Rotom Tomatoes founder, Eric De Winter. His son, Tom, adds that, "All the lines are able to process printed foil. After being packed, the item can be given a weight label of variable weights."
The Ulma Atlanta hard at work at Rotom.
For more information:
GH Ulma N.V.
Tel:+32 (0) 38 706 060
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: