Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Lidl formula is becoming more and more like the local corner shops
- Fruit fly infested fruit found in supermarket
- Increased packing line efficiency for Washington apple grower
- Italian kiwifruit growers visit New Zealand orchards
- US: Next generation of pre-packaged snacks adds fresh fruit and vegetables
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippine's Anflo plans to penetrate China's banana market with new partnership
Philippine company Anflo Banana Corp. (ABC), has partnered with a global agricultural firm to penetrate what is touted as the biggest and most flourishing China market for premium bananas.
The Davao-based banana firm is apparently taking advantage of the growing Philippine-China trade relation as espoused by the Duterte administration as it is signing a marketing contract with GoodFarmer Banana Trading Corp. (GoodFarmer) for its huge banana production in Davao Occidental, according to Alex N. Valoria, ABC president.
The marketing contract, he said,will allow ABC to have a better price for its produce, while providing the buyer with the best harvest possible.
“We are excited to partner with GoodFarmer because we know they are good in what they do,” Valoria said in a company statement issued Monday.
Valoria said Anflo decided to partner with GoodFarmer due to its access to the China market.
“This will provide us with opportunities for huge market and will also allow us to study possible expansion of our farms,” he said, adding that the company is always on the lookout for expansion areas.
In 2015, based on government data, the Philippines exported about 448,000 metric tons of fresh bananas, most of them coming from Davao Region, with a value of about $157.5 million.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: