Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: First batch of Tupi papaya enters South Korea
The popular fresh solo papaya of Tupi town in South Cotabato, Philippines has finally reached the fruit market of South Korea.
Milagros Casis, Department of Agriculture (DA) Region 12 director, said Tuesday Tupi papaya producers had made their first shipment to South Korea last week through a supply deal with a Korean firm.
She said the shipment, which comprised of a ton of fresh solo papaya, was consigned to Korean distributor Nurida Company.
The forging of the supply agreement and the delivery of the initial shipment was facilitated by the agency, she said.
“We’ve been exploring and working on sending more of our local products to foreign markets and that is one of our priorities right now,” she said.
Citing the supply agreement between Tupi farmers, represented by local consolidator RM Fruits and the Korean firm, she said two to three metric tons of solo papaya would be shipped to South Korea on a weekly basis following the initial shipment.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: