Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: First batch of Tupi papaya enters South Korea
The popular fresh solo papaya of Tupi town in South Cotabato, Philippines has finally reached the fruit market of South Korea.
Milagros Casis, Department of Agriculture (DA) Region 12 director, said Tuesday Tupi papaya producers had made their first shipment to South Korea last week through a supply deal with a Korean firm.
She said the shipment, which comprised of a ton of fresh solo papaya, was consigned to Korean distributor Nurida Company.
The forging of the supply agreement and the delivery of the initial shipment was facilitated by the agency, she said.
“We’ve been exploring and working on sending more of our local products to foreign markets and that is one of our priorities right now,” she said.
Citing the supply agreement between Tupi farmers, represented by local consolidator RM Fruits and the Korean firm, she said two to three metric tons of solo papaya would be shipped to South Korea on a weekly basis following the initial shipment.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: