Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
- Spain: Report accuses major veg producer of severe environmental damage
- One of New Zealand’s newest apple varieties starts Dazzling the world
- Grape grower-shipper opens new warehouse in Nogales, AZ
- AU: New technology delivering biodegradable produce labels
- Canada: Big data means big returns for farmers British Columbia
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines: First batch of Tupi papaya enters South Korea
The popular fresh solo papaya of Tupi town in South Cotabato, Philippines has finally reached the fruit market of South Korea.
Milagros Casis, Department of Agriculture (DA) Region 12 director, said Tuesday Tupi papaya producers had made their first shipment to South Korea last week through a supply deal with a Korean firm.
She said the shipment, which comprised of a ton of fresh solo papaya, was consigned to Korean distributor Nurida Company.
The forging of the supply agreement and the delivery of the initial shipment was facilitated by the agency, she said.
“We’ve been exploring and working on sending more of our local products to foreign markets and that is one of our priorities right now,” she said.
Citing the supply agreement between Tupi farmers, represented by local consolidator RM Fruits and the Korean firm, she said two to three metric tons of solo papaya would be shipped to South Korea on a weekly basis following the initial shipment.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: