Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Tuscan nursery produces olive tree resistant to Xylella"Leccino CSS 02 Minerva" is one of the clones patented by Vivai Attilio Sonnoli (Pistoia). A scientific assessment carried out by Istituto per la Protezione sostenibile delle piante-CNR in Bari reported that, in addition to being resistant to cold temperatures and producing larger olive quantities of a better quality, the variety is also resistant to Xylella as part of the Leccino cultivar.
The note reads that "Minerva was declared resistant to Xylella because it is part of the Leccino family, a polyclonal variety that had already been declared resistant to Xylella by the Institute." The resistance levels of Diana and Tosca will also be assessed. Minerva olive trees are also resistant to cold temperatures, they produce larger olives (30/40% more than standard Leccino varieties) and therefore larger quantities leading to improved oil quality."
It is perfect for olive growers in Puglia, who have just been granted the possibility of replanting infected areas by the European Community.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: