Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: New plastic film winder
An important stage during asparagus cultivation is film winding. There are many winders on the market, but the Bagioni company has started testing the first electronically controlled multifunctional winder.
Unlike existing systems, this innovation enables operators to modify and record machine movements from any position through a simple radio control. The machine can be installed on a tractor.
Operators can load full rollers, regulate tension and film direction and set the speed to adapt it to the tractor. In addition, the system is equipped with a proportional hydraulic system to protect the tractor against over-pressure.
The roller can be changed without using additional machinery, so all operations are quicker for an improved field efficiency.
Only a single distribution tube runs between the tractor and the machine. Operators can choose the various controls without having to move.
Speed can be regulated in 4 steps automatically or manually depending on forward speed. The film can be wound up or unwound with the machine installed both in front or at the back of the tractor. Maximum 1800 metres of plastic film can be wound up for a maximum weight of 3 tons.
Other more traditional plastic film winders are also available at Bagioni.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: