Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: New plastic film winder
An important stage during asparagus cultivation is film winding. There are many winders on the market, but the Bagioni company has started testing the first electronically controlled multifunctional winder.
Unlike existing systems, this innovation enables operators to modify and record machine movements from any position through a simple radio control. The machine can be installed on a tractor.
Operators can load full rollers, regulate tension and film direction and set the speed to adapt it to the tractor. In addition, the system is equipped with a proportional hydraulic system to protect the tractor against over-pressure.
The roller can be changed without using additional machinery, so all operations are quicker for an improved field efficiency.
Only a single distribution tube runs between the tractor and the machine. Operators can choose the various controls without having to move.
Speed can be regulated in 4 steps automatically or manually depending on forward speed. The film can be wound up or unwound with the machine installed both in front or at the back of the tractor. Maximum 1800 metres of plastic film can be wound up for a maximum weight of 3 tons.
Other more traditional plastic film winders are also available at Bagioni.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: