Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: New plastic film winder
An important stage during asparagus cultivation is film winding. There are many winders on the market, but the Bagioni company has started testing the first electronically controlled multifunctional winder.
Unlike existing systems, this innovation enables operators to modify and record machine movements from any position through a simple radio control. The machine can be installed on a tractor.
Operators can load full rollers, regulate tension and film direction and set the speed to adapt it to the tractor. In addition, the system is equipped with a proportional hydraulic system to protect the tractor against over-pressure.
The roller can be changed without using additional machinery, so all operations are quicker for an improved field efficiency.
Only a single distribution tube runs between the tractor and the machine. Operators can choose the various controls without having to move.
Speed can be regulated in 4 steps automatically or manually depending on forward speed. The film can be wound up or unwound with the machine installed both in front or at the back of the tractor. Maximum 1800 metres of plastic film can be wound up for a maximum weight of 3 tons.
Other more traditional plastic film winders are also available at Bagioni.
Publication date: 11/9/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: