Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia agrees to lift ban on Turkish pomegranate and aubergine imports
Russia has agreed to allow imports of aubergines and pomegranates from several Turkish producers as of October 30th.
The announcement to lift the ban was made by Yulia Melano, a spokesperson of the Russian agricultural agency Rosselkhoznadzor and comes shortly after a similar announcement was made to allow imports of Turkish tomatoes.
"The inspection showed that according to preliminary data, twenty-four pomegranate planting companies and seven aubergine planting companies conform to Russian requirements among the ones suggested by the Turkish Ministry of Agriculture," Melano said.
Rosselkhoznadzor banned imports of Turkish pomegranates from March 17th, 2016, and imports of aubergines from April 25th of the same year following a diplomatic dispute over military operations in Syria.
Publication date: 11/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: