Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Refrigerated truck demand steadily growing in China
In 2016, under the impact of favourable policies and high demand, the Chinese market for cooling logistics has gradually seen improvements.
Statistics show that in 2016 the cooling logistics market in China had a scope of 220 billion RMB, which is 22.3% higher than last year. Initial forecasts for the next 3-5 years all show an increase of more than 20%.
In the wake of the improving life quality of people in China, the Chinese agricultural industry has substantially increased its production and rapidly increased the amount of quick-frozen food.
The demand for cooling facilities is growing, and thus the demand for refrigerated trucks is also growing. Based on statistics published in the 'Analysis Report of the Market Demand for Heat Preservation and Refrigeration Trucks in the Industry' of the forward looking industrial research centre, 20,673 refrigerated trucks were produced in China during 2014, in 2016 this number went up to 26,113 trucks. By the end of the year the there will be 115,000 refrigerated trucks domestically, which is 23.6% more than last year.
In the spur of the sudden intense market demand and the constant price that has increased through government policies, the Chinese market for refrigerated trucks has also experienced new development. In the future, research will mainly focus on the three following topics: functional optimisation of boxes that can fend off cold, new modes of refrigeration and the structural development of new packaging materials.
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: