Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
Exchange ratesmore »
Huge scam involving organic fruit and vegetables discovered in Sicily
Huge scam discovered in Sicily. Fruit and vegetables sold as organic both in Italy and abroad were actually grown using traditional pesticides. The investigated entrepreneurs also seem to have received €1 million worth of European funds destined for organic agriculture.
Revenue officers searched nine "organic" companies and the owners are currently being investigated for the offence of fraud in trade and aggravated fraud against the State and the European Union. They are accused of having unduly received €1 million worth of funds and incentives.
Officers performed technical investigations, stakeouts, tailings and analyses of bank records over various months starting from early 2017. They focused on "organic" companies specialised in the cultivation and production of agricultural produce free from chemical agents in the Modica, Scicli, Ragusa, Ispica, Pozzallo, Vittoria, Acate, Syracuse and Bologna municipalities.
Click here to read more at gds.it.
Publication date: 11/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: