Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greek kiwi exports increase significantlyTable grapes have continued to be exported mainly from the region of Kavala. Prices have stood at satisfactory levels. The exports of summer fruits (nectarines, plums, etc.) continue at a very low rate and from stocks. Meanwhile, kiwi exports are also still underway, although unfortunately, with cases of fruit failing to meet the necessary quality standards and the consequent risk of the reputation of Greek products being damaged. Exports of oranges, mandarins and lemons have kicked off recently.
The Exporters' Association is calling on the competent inspection services to intensify and tighten controls on the export of fresh fruit and vegetables to prevent the shipment of fruit without the necessary organoleptic characteristics.
According to data from the Directorate of Documentation and Statistics of the Ministry of Rural Development and Food, fresh fruit and vegetable exports for the week between 28 October and 3 November 2017 are as follows:
- Oranges: 5,474 tonnes, compared to 6,787 tonnes last year.
- Mandarins: 754 tonnes, compared to 1,688 tonnes last year.
- Lemons: 649 tonnes, compared to 493 tonnes last year.
- Kiwis: 37,598 tonnes, compared to 22,778 tonnes last year.
- Table grapes: 90,368 tonnes, compared to 70,980 tonnes last year.
Publication date: 11/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: