Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippine authorities in pursuit after banana plantation torched
Authorities are now in pursuit of several armed men alleged to have torched a banana plantation in Barangay Casisang, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon, on Friday.
According to a military report, the incident happened around 12: 20 a.m. with the yet-to-be-identified individuals seemingly coming out of nowhere burning several machines and buildings of the plantation reportedly owned by DOLE Philippines.
“We cannot still determine as of this time the identities of the perpetrators or this terroristic act or their motive,” said 403rd Infantry Brigade Civil Military Operations officer Capt. in a phone interview yesterday.
Col. Eric C. Vinoya, commanding officer of the 403rd Infantry Brigade, has since ordered the deployment of more troops in the province to augment the 1st Special Forces Battallion (1st SFB) who are now looking for the perpetrators.
Publication date: 11/7/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: