Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Port Everglades breaks its containerized cargo volume record
Broward County’s Port Everglades topped its previous record for containerized cargo volumes with 1,076,893 TEUs (the industry standard container measurement of 20-foot equivalent units) moving through the Port in Fiscal Year 2017, which ended September 30, 2017.
The containerized cargo increase represents a 4 percent boost compared to FY2016, and a 1.5 percent increase since the last record was set in FY2015 at 1,060,507 TEUs. Growth was steady throughout the year and spiked with record months in December and March.
“The volumes of refrigerated produce coming into Florida through Port Everglades from Central America is significant. It represents more than half of all perishable cargo that arrives in Florida by ocean,” said Port Everglades Chief Executive and Port Director Steve Cernak.
Operating revenue for FY2017 remained steady at $163 million. As a self-supporting Enterprise Fund of Broward County, Florida government, the Port does not rely on local tax dollars for operations. The total value of economic activity related to Port Everglades is nearly $30 billion.
For more information:
Tel: +1 954 468 3508
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: