Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Port Everglades breaks its containerized cargo volume record
Broward County’s Port Everglades topped its previous record for containerized cargo volumes with 1,076,893 TEUs (the industry standard container measurement of 20-foot equivalent units) moving through the Port in Fiscal Year 2017, which ended September 30, 2017.
The containerized cargo increase represents a 4 percent boost compared to FY2016, and a 1.5 percent increase since the last record was set in FY2015 at 1,060,507 TEUs. Growth was steady throughout the year and spiked with record months in December and March.
“The volumes of refrigerated produce coming into Florida through Port Everglades from Central America is significant. It represents more than half of all perishable cargo that arrives in Florida by ocean,” said Port Everglades Chief Executive and Port Director Steve Cernak.
Operating revenue for FY2017 remained steady at $163 million. As a self-supporting Enterprise Fund of Broward County, Florida government, the Port does not rely on local tax dollars for operations. The total value of economic activity related to Port Everglades is nearly $30 billion.
For more information:
Tel: +1 954 468 3508
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: