Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Potato prices in Dublin down compared to last year
Improved weather conditions have brought potato harvesters back into fields this week. However, prices remain relatively unchanged in Ireland.
As of last week the IFA estimated that 70-80% of the main potato crop was still to be harvested.
Dublin market wholesale prices reported to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine are detailed below.
Average Dublin Market Wholesale Prices (for week 44):
- Roosters 10kg – €4;
- British Queen 10kg – €3;
- Kerr’s Pink 10kg – €4;
- Record 10kg – €3.50.
Boxes of Roosters are moving for an average ex-farm price of €320 but as far up as €350. This is the same as prices quoted this time last year.
However, 10kg bags of Roosters are selling for an average of €3.10. This is down from €3.20 last week and down from an average of €3.40 in the same week of last year, according to this week’s IFA potato market report.
10kg bags of Kerr’s Pink are averaging at €3.65 but are as high as €4 – down on the same week of last year from a price of €4.20.
Golden Wonder’s are making an average of €5 for a 10kg bag – this is €1 less than this time last year, according to the IFA.
Farm gate prices are dependent on quality. Prices are ranging from €200 to €300 for a box of Roosters. Kerr’s Pink are being bought for €270 per box at the farm-gate, but quality is essential.
In the shops, Roosters are ranging in price. Own-brand potatoes, in the supermarkets, in 5kg bags were sold for €4.50 in some supermarkets. 10kg bags were selling for €6.50, while branded potatoes were selling for more. 2.5kg bags of Roosters sold for €3.40 in some places, while 7kg bags sold for approximately €5.50.
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: