Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Potato prices in Dublin down compared to last year
Improved weather conditions have brought potato harvesters back into fields this week. However, prices remain relatively unchanged in Ireland.
As of last week the IFA estimated that 70-80% of the main potato crop was still to be harvested.
Dublin market wholesale prices reported to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine are detailed below.
Average Dublin Market Wholesale Prices (for week 44):
- Roosters 10kg – €4;
- British Queen 10kg – €3;
- Kerr’s Pink 10kg – €4;
- Record 10kg – €3.50.
Boxes of Roosters are moving for an average ex-farm price of €320 but as far up as €350. This is the same as prices quoted this time last year.
However, 10kg bags of Roosters are selling for an average of €3.10. This is down from €3.20 last week and down from an average of €3.40 in the same week of last year, according to this week’s IFA potato market report.
10kg bags of Kerr’s Pink are averaging at €3.65 but are as high as €4 – down on the same week of last year from a price of €4.20.
Golden Wonder’s are making an average of €5 for a 10kg bag – this is €1 less than this time last year, according to the IFA.
Farm gate prices are dependent on quality. Prices are ranging from €200 to €300 for a box of Roosters. Kerr’s Pink are being bought for €270 per box at the farm-gate, but quality is essential.
In the shops, Roosters are ranging in price. Own-brand potatoes, in the supermarkets, in 5kg bags were sold for €4.50 in some supermarkets. 10kg bags were selling for €6.50, while branded potatoes were selling for more. 2.5kg bags of Roosters sold for €3.40 in some places, while 7kg bags sold for approximately €5.50.
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: