Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Potato prices in Dublin down compared to last year
Improved weather conditions have brought potato harvesters back into fields this week. However, prices remain relatively unchanged in Ireland.
As of last week the IFA estimated that 70-80% of the main potato crop was still to be harvested.
Dublin market wholesale prices reported to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine are detailed below.
Average Dublin Market Wholesale Prices (for week 44):
- Roosters 10kg – €4;
- British Queen 10kg – €3;
- Kerr’s Pink 10kg – €4;
- Record 10kg – €3.50.
Boxes of Roosters are moving for an average ex-farm price of €320 but as far up as €350. This is the same as prices quoted this time last year.
However, 10kg bags of Roosters are selling for an average of €3.10. This is down from €3.20 last week and down from an average of €3.40 in the same week of last year, according to this week’s IFA potato market report.
10kg bags of Kerr’s Pink are averaging at €3.65 but are as high as €4 – down on the same week of last year from a price of €4.20.
Golden Wonder’s are making an average of €5 for a 10kg bag – this is €1 less than this time last year, according to the IFA.
Farm gate prices are dependent on quality. Prices are ranging from €200 to €300 for a box of Roosters. Kerr’s Pink are being bought for €270 per box at the farm-gate, but quality is essential.
In the shops, Roosters are ranging in price. Own-brand potatoes, in the supermarkets, in 5kg bags were sold for €4.50 in some supermarkets. 10kg bags were selling for €6.50, while branded potatoes were selling for more. 2.5kg bags of Roosters sold for €3.40 in some places, while 7kg bags sold for approximately €5.50.
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: