Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"European blueberry market: current technical and commercial state of the industry"
Spain: International Blueberry Seminar to be held in Huelva
The 9th International Blueberry Seminar will be held at the Hotel Barceló Beach Resort in Punta Umbría, Huelva, next year. The previous editions of this international event have been held since 2014 in Chile, Peru, Mexico and Argentina. This edition will be the first to be held in Spain and Europe and will bring together the most important companies, producers, professionals and academics worldwide devoted to the berry production industry, especially blueberries, who will deal with the technical and commercial issues more relevant to this crop.
The entire Spanish blueberry industry will be joined by professionals, researchers and international companies from countries such as Italy, Portugal, Chile, Poland, the United States, Germany and Colombia, among others, to discuss the latest technical innovations and the keys to promoting the productive and commercial development of blueberries. The technical and commercial seminars will be carried out by experts and academics of recognised international prestige.
The previous editions have been a spectacular success, given the number of attendees and the quality of the seminars offered. On this occasion, the province of Huelva will become the crop's international capital because of its great position as a producer of blueberries and berries in general, as well as other types of fruits and vegetables. Andalusian, Spanish and international professionals will share their knowledge in one of the world's most important agricultural production areas.
The seminar is organised by AGQ Labs and Blueberries Consulting. It has more than 20 sponsoring companies, which will present their products and services, and it also counts with the special collaboration of Freshuelva, the Official College of Agricultural Technical Engineers and Extenda (the Andalusian Agency for Foreign Promotion). It will also count with the presence of Mr Gaspar Llanes, General Secretary for Economy of the Government of Andalusia, Ms Vanessa Bernad, CEO of Extenda, Mr Alberto Garrocho, President of Freshuelva, and Mr Estanislao Martínez, CEO of AGQ Labs.
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: