Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Prices for kiwi, sweet lime and dragon fruit surge in Bathinda,India
With dengue cases on the rise, the prices of kiwi, sweet lime (mosambi) and dragon fruit, which help increase the platelet count, have witnessed an increase in India.
Two types of dragon fruit are available in the market. The first one is imported from Thailand. Its wholesale price is Rs 350 per kg while it is available at Rs 400 per kg in the retail market. The other one is imported from China. It is available in the wholesale market at Rs 260 per kg and at Rs 300 per kg in the retail market.
Sweet lime is also effective in increasing the platelet count of dengue patients. It is available in the whole market at Rs 55-60 per kg and Rs 60-70 per kg in the retail market.
To increase the platelet count, doctors advise dengue patients to take kiwi fruit. Two types of kiwi fruits are available in the market. Kiwi (zespri) fruit is imported from New Zealand. Its wholesale price is Rs 35 per piece and Rs 40 per piece in the retail market. One of the kiwi fruits is imported from Iran. It is available at Rs 25 per piece in the wholesale market and Rs 30 per piece in retail.
1 RS = 0.0154599 USD
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: