- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Kazakhstan wants Jordan to supply fruit and veg in winter
"We view Jordan as a key member of the international community; one playing an important role in the Middle East and the Arab world. In February next year, it will have been 25 years since diplomatic relations were established between Kazakhstan and Jordan, and we meet on the eve of this date. For a quarter of a century, we have developed our relationships in various areas and established a trustful dialogue. This is all due to the warm attitude of King Abdullah to Kazakhstan. As a result of the far-sighted policy of the King of Jordan, the country continues to maintain the status of an oasis of security and stability in the Middle East, and in the future, I think we are ready for the mutually beneficial relations between our states to continue. Most importantly, Kazakhstan considers Jordan and its people a fraternal, close state," said Nursultan Nazarbayev, speaking to the press after the talks in Akorda.
According to him, both countries are currently making efforts to activate trade and investment relations. "The main problem for the development of exports and imports is the high cost of transportation, and therefore it is necessary to improve the transport and logistics channels. Because of this, the volume of trading is not high. During the talks, we talked about this. Now there is a new road Kazakhstan-Turkmenistan-Iran which is helping us improve our relations," said the President.
The head of state outlined a number of priorities in trade and economic cooperation between the two countries. "The biggest one is agriculture. In this area, we have a great potential for development. For example, Kazakhstan can export agricultural products to Jordan, and Jordan can export vegetables and fruits to us in winter and spring through railroads, and so on," stated Nursultan Nazarbayev.
Today we have signed a number of documents," stressed the President of Kazakhstan. It should be noted that during the official visit of the King of Jordan, a cooperation agreement was signed in order to combat terrorism, organised crime and the illicit trafficking of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, among other issues.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Wisconsin: Cranberry farmers will dump 25 percent of their harvest
- 09/20/2018 Support package for customers impacted by fruit contamination
- 09/20/2018 'US dollar to anchor Zimbabwe economic recovery'
- 09/20/2018 US crops threatened
- 09/20/2018 Australia: Report on blueberry rust Tasmania
- 09/20/2018 Peru will facilitate imports and exports with the United States
- 09/20/2018 Brazil holds interest rates
- 09/19/2018 President of Accsea: “Naples and Salerno must work together on trade”
- 09/19/2018 Permits for 51 vegetable traders Kathmandu market revoked
- 09/19/2018 Jordan: Agri industry representatives praise tax exemptions
- 09/19/2018 British farms may get special pass to hire migrant workers
- 09/19/2018 US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- 09/19/2018 USDA announces $102.7 million investment to expand markets for specialty crop and other farmers
- 09/19/2018 UK: LEAF welcomes launch of new Agriculture Bill
- 09/19/2018 Costa Rican government and unions willing to start a dialogue to end the strike
- 09/18/2018 Comprehensible encyclopaedia for the plant of the future
- 09/18/2018 BEEsharing: Using bees to produce more fruit and vegetables
- 09/18/2018 Trump slaps China with $200 billion of new tariffs
- 09/18/2018 UMS appointed by New Zealand Avocado to expand presence in China
- 09/18/2018 India: High import duties on US products delayed until November 2