Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
NatureSeal keeps the variety in sliced apples worldwide
NatureSeal continues to further expand its presence worldwide with products for extending the shelf-life of fresh-cut produce. The company has now over 650 processors in 68 countries.
The development of the initial NatureSeal product was the result of a collaborative effort between NatureSeal’s parent company, Mantrose-Haeuser, and the USDA. The criteria for the successful product was to develop a sulfite-free, vitamin/mineral blend, that could inhibit the browning and maintain the texture of sliced apples, without any change to the flavor. "It took several years, however the optimum outcome was achieved," said Karen Murphy, Director of Marketing.
NatureSeal has been proven effective on nearly every commercial variety of apple available today. According to the University of Illinois Extension, 2,500 varieties of apples are grown in the United States, 100 of which are grown commercially. Additionally, 7,500 varieties of apples are grown throughout the world. Tart, sweet, red, green, the fresh qualities can be maintained with a simple dipping process, allowing produce processors the option of slicing and offering the varieties they choose, without limitations. “NatureSeal has worked hand in hand with the fresh-cut produce industry to allow them as many options as possible,” Murphy also stated.
In addition to conventionally grown apples, NatureSeal offers formulations that are OMRI Listed for use on organic apples as well. With Kosher and Halal certifications, NatureSeal meets the needs of all segments of the population.
State of the art research laboratories in the U.S. and the UK offer hands-on technical support with the expertise to enable startup operations or help further expand current produce processing facilities.
Publication date: 11/8/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: