Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk Container Industry appoints new CEO
Maersk Container Industry (MCI) announced today that it has appointed Sean S. Fitzgerald as Chief Executive Officer effective 1 January 2018.
Maersk Container Industry develops and manufactures refrigerated containers, dry containers and the Star Cool refrigeration machine for the global intermodal industry and is part of A.P. Moller – Maersk’s Transport & Logistics division.
Fitzgerald has over 20 years of broad expertise across management, manufacturing, product management and marketing. Since 2014, he has acted as President at Joy Global China, part of the Japanese manufacturing company Komatsu Mining Corp, successfully leading a footprint of eight plants in China. Prior to this, he was Regional Vice President of Joy Mining Machinery, responsible for 13 plants in the Americas. He has also held executive positions over the course of almost 10 years at General Electric.
“We are very pleased to welcome Sean S. Fitzgerald to lead Maersk Container Industry in its next level of development. Having returned to profitability after some tough years, the company is facing a number of opportunities, but also many challenges in an industry more competitive than ever,” says Soren Toft, Chairman of the Maersk Container Industry Advisory Board.
“Sean’s proven track record driving production intensive businesses to profitability and market leadership makes him the ideal leader to spearhead Maersk Container Industry towards further market expansion, technology development and efficient operations.”
As CEO of Maersk Container Industry, Fitzgerald will assume overall responsibility for the strategic direction and the entire operations of the company including its more than 5,000 employees in three container manufacturing plants in Chile and China and its R&D centre in Denmark.
For more information:
Tanja E. Kjaersgaard
Maersk Container Industry
Tel: +45 3363 5223
Publication date: 11/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: