Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
News from the fair
China FVF opens in Beijing
Today is the first day of the three day China FVF exhibition in Beijing.
The show combines commercial and official purposes. Each year official representatives of the Chinese AQSIQ attend the exhibition. For foreign growers and exporter organisations this is an opportunity to meet with the organisation that can grant or extend market access into China.
As such there are a number of Australian, New Zealand, Peruvian, Chilean, French and Philippines country pavilions that host different trade associations and exporters.
In addition, domestic Chinese growers and exporters are represented. The quality of domestic production is increasing quickly and more companies are investing in growing special varieties and brand building.
Growers want to move away from trading at wholesale markets and try to reach national retailers and retail chain stores directly instead, such as Joy Wing Mau, Pagoda, Sam's Club and Olé. Brand building and having the company or orchard visible is helping this process.
The exhibition itself has grown compared to 2016 with more exhibitors.
News from the fair
New Zealand avocado exporters are hopeful they will receive market access soon, the process has now entered the final stage which entails Chinese officials visiting orchards in New Zealand. It could be as early as Spring next year.
Australia has seen a record numbers of citrus exports to China. 5 years ago the export programme was just getting started, this year total shipments have surpassed 50,000 tons.
Camposol has opened up their first office in China to boost Peruvian blueberry and avocado exports.
Finally, the Hebei pear packing houses and exporters have united in the ChoiceFruit Alliance. This will be a joint marketing association to build the name and fame of Hebei pears abroad as well in China.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: