Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Piura prepares for International Congress on Peruvian Mangoes
The Peruvian Association of Producers and Exporters of Mango (APEM) will hold the XVI International Congress on Peruvian Mango on November 9 and 10 at the Casa Andina Hotel in Piura.
The event is expected to be attended by 450 participants including producers, packers, exporters, importers, suppliers of goods and services linked to the aforementioned fruit, and local and national authorities.
This edition of the congress will address topics related to global mango production, flowering, innocuousness, logistics and other topics of interest. In addition, participants will know first-hand how the 2017-2018 campaign, volumes, perspectives, climate, among others, are coming along.
The main presentations include: "Consumption of Mango in the American Market, Statistics, Projections", by Leonardo Ortega, a representative of the National Mango Board (United States); "Consumption of Mango in the European Market, Statistics, Projections", by Joep Jongsman, the Purchase Manager of Special Fruit NV (Belgium);
"Weather Forecast for the Peruvian North Coast During the 2017-2018 Campaign. Climate Change Trend in the Northern Region"; "Mango Production Around the World"; "Evolution of Mango Diseases in Piura"; "Challenges of the Agroindustry Piurana towards 2022";
"Current State of the Water Infrastructure for Piura's Agricultural Industry"; "Development Plans for Piura's Agricultural Industry"; and "Current Situation of the Mango Export Industry in Peru. Perspectives for the 2017 - 2018 Campaign"; among others.
For more information on the XVI International Congress on Peruvian Mango, call 073-306496.
Publication date: 11/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: