Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India receives the first shipment of Peruvian avocados
The Commercial Office (OCEX) of Peru based in New Delhi stated that India had received the first shipment of Hass avocados from Peru. The national fruit will be marketed in the self-service chains of the Indian capital and the city of Mumbai.
The shipment was made by the Peruvian company Camet Trading SAC - part of the multinational company Westfalia Fruit - which collected the Hass avocado from the Casablanca Farm, located in the district and province of Chilca and Canete, Lima, respectively.
In addition, the OCEX of New Delhi is already coordinating with the Peruvian exporter and the importer in India a promotional campaign to increase fruit consumption in this market.
The first round of negotiations to achieve the signing of a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the governments of Peru and India was held in New Delhi between August 8 and 11 of this year.
The technical teams of both countries addressed issues on market access (tariffs), rules of origin, sanitary and phytosanitary measures, technical barriers to trade, trade defense, services, movement of persons, investment, customs and trade facilitation, cooperation and institutional matters.
Publication date: 11/6/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: