Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Shandong customs intercept Hemiberlesia lataniae
A few days ago, staff from the passenger inspection office of the Office for Inspection and Quarantine at the airport in Qingdao intercepted a Chinese tourist's bag of avocados with a total weight of 2.71 kilograms.
Initial tests on the spot discovered a certain number of ash grey larvae on the fruit, following which the staff sent to the provincial technology center for verification. The test results identified the larvae as hemiberlesia lataniae, which is a harmful organism. It was the first time this year that the trading post in Shandong had intercepted this organism.
Publication date: 11/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: