- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Shiitake great alternative for pickled herring in Sweden
"Pickled herring is a very important product in Sweden during the Mid-summer, Christmas and Easter holidays and the pickled shiitake offers a great alternative for vegetarians. We have been testing the product with different mushrooms varieties to no avail, and discovered that the shiitake works really well in terms of texture and can take on a variety of different flavours," shared Mathias Persson, from Hällestadsvamp.
The pickled mushrooms will be available to select markets this Christmas and they are hoping to have the full launch into retailers and food service by this Easter. Mathias also shared that he is hoping to make the product fully organic by this time as well, the mushroom are already organic and that it's just about getting the remaining ingredients organic.
"The pickled shiitake comes in different flavours, but we also offer a flavourless pickle so that people can add whichever flavour they like. In Sweden, everyone has their own family recipe whether it be with creme fraiche, cavier, mustard, you name it, so now they have the ability to make their own version with our mushrooms too," said Mathias.
It has been a challenging year for Hällestadsvamp AB, after a fire at the beginning of the year ravaged their production area, leaving only the restaurant and farm shop behind.
"We were really fortunate that we were able to start growing our white and brown mushrooms again in temporary facilities, by the 22nd of June, just four months after the fire. The fire has brought new opportunities, our facilities were older and we were planning on building new ones, just not as soon as we were forced to. We have been working with Dutch mushroom growers to help plan our new modern growing facilities. Our plans include a 35% production increase in our brown and white button mushrooms and more than doubled production of our exotics."
For more information:
Tel: +46 768927555
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 Producing off-season green beans is not enough
- 2018-11-12 Crossover imports on ginger means lots of product
- 2018-11-12 “With supply of local leeks we respond to demand of French customers”
- 2018-11-12 Challenging start to desert lettuce season
- 2018-11-12 Mushroom supplies tight in busy time of year
- 2018-11-12 "We employ as many people as possible"
- 2018-11-09 "The new endive season promises to be uncertain"
- 2018-11-09 China: Tomato price significantly increased in 2018
- 2018-11-09 Researchers in Costa Rica create a tomato that is resistant to yellow leaf curl virus
- 2018-11-09 "Hospitality industry and processors make good use of Intense plum tomatoes"
- 2018-11-09 La Libellula is the first to grow ginger in Italy
- 2018-11-09 China: Vegetable price remains low in early November
- 2018-11-09 "Great divergence in market demand for Chinese fresh ginger"
- 2018-11-09 Mexico: Yaqui Valley expects to harvest 650,000 boxes of asparagus
- 2018-11-09 AU: Flavorite expansion leads to higher capsicum production
- 2018-11-09 Two new chef-inspired salad kit varieties introduced
- 2018-11-09 Grape tomatoes, the new pasta ingredient?
- 2018-11-09 Spain: Police pull over car full of stolen peppers
- 2018-11-09 Australia's top chefs lining up for capers
- 2018-11-08 Organic mushrooms "Made in Paris"