Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
France: Expansion in mashed vegetable sector
Fresh soup specialist, GreenShoot, is expanding into the mashed vegetable sector. Until now, the brand Créaline and retail brands have occupied the approximately €5 million purée market in France.
To start with, GreenShoot will exclusively sell their purées at Monoprix. They have decided to start with individual packages of purée, aimed at single people and couples who do not want to eat the same thing. They will remain faithful to their brand identity by offering a mixture of flavours, such as courgette, fromage frais and basil, or carrot, coconut milk and curry. The purées will be sold for €3.50-€3.80/portion, which is clearly more expensive than their competitors. The purées could also be enjoyed on a lunch break, like their soups, which they recently developed in a new cup format.
GreenShoot had a €5 million turnover in 2016 and hopes to reach €6 million this year. They are only just entering their soups onto the British market, hoping that the “French Touch” will help them. They are already well set up in Belgium and hope to be present in Spain, the land of gazpacho, by the summer.
The fresh soup and gazpacho market in France is very dynamic, representing €65 million (a 7% increase, 23% if only warm soups are counted), GreenShoot occupies a 9.2% market share.
GreenShoot focuses a lot on their social media and links with consumers. To introduce the product to a new public, they set up soup bars at trendy events. They hope in the years ahead to also offer other fruit and vegetable based products.
Publication date: 11/3/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: