Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jamaica pineapple producers to expand to Cayman Islands and other markets
Jamaica Producers Group Limited (JP), said it is now making headway on plans to expand markets for pineapple.
Production yields are expected to climb next year by 17 per cent, and the group is eyeing other markets as volumes grow.
"The export plans for this year primarily involve regional markets such as The Cayman Islands, where we are already present with bananas," said Group CEO Jeffrey Hall.
Hall said the market for pineapples is about 25 per cent that of bananas - the company's main produce - but is growing more rapidly. The main distribution channel for both fruit remains the retail sector, but tourism continues to grow, he said.
The specialist manager being recruited for JP's pineapple operation is meant to "support growth in line with international best practices", the CEO said. The company simultaneously has been working on a $130 million cold storage facility, which is due for commissioning this month.
Publication date: 11/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: