Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Jamaica pineapple producers to expand to Cayman Islands and other markets
Jamaica Producers Group Limited (JP), said it is now making headway on plans to expand markets for pineapple.
Production yields are expected to climb next year by 17 per cent, and the group is eyeing other markets as volumes grow.
"The export plans for this year primarily involve regional markets such as The Cayman Islands, where we are already present with bananas," said Group CEO Jeffrey Hall.
Hall said the market for pineapples is about 25 per cent that of bananas - the company's main produce - but is growing more rapidly. The main distribution channel for both fruit remains the retail sector, but tourism continues to grow, he said.
The specialist manager being recruited for JP's pineapple operation is meant to "support growth in line with international best practices", the CEO said. The company simultaneously has been working on a $130 million cold storage facility, which is due for commissioning this month.
Publication date: 11/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: