Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jordan lifts ban on Egyptian potato imports
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan has lifted its ban on the import of Egyptian potatoes, the Minister of Agriculture and Land Reclamation, Abdel Moneim al-Banna announced.
The minister said this comes as a reflection of the efforts of the Egyptian Ministry of Agriculture and the Agriculture Quarantine Authority to preserve the reputation of Egyptian agricultural exports abroad and to open up new markets to Egypt in different countries.
Banna explained that Egypt will export potatoes to Jordan approved for export by the European Union, and will attach the results of the laboratory tests on each shipment, which proves that the shipment is free of brown rot.
Jordan suspended the import of Egyptian potatoes in June 2016.
The Ministry of Agriculture announced last week that the UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain also lifted their bans on the import of many Egyptian crops.
Publication date: 11/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: