Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Jordan lifts ban on Egyptian potato imports
The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan has lifted its ban on the import of Egyptian potatoes, the Minister of Agriculture and Land Reclamation, Abdel Moneim al-Banna announced.
The minister said this comes as a reflection of the efforts of the Egyptian Ministry of Agriculture and the Agriculture Quarantine Authority to preserve the reputation of Egyptian agricultural exports abroad and to open up new markets to Egypt in different countries.
Banna explained that Egypt will export potatoes to Jordan approved for export by the European Union, and will attach the results of the laboratory tests on each shipment, which proves that the shipment is free of brown rot.
Jordan suspended the import of Egyptian potatoes in June 2016.
The Ministry of Agriculture announced last week that the UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain also lifted their bans on the import of many Egyptian crops.
Publication date: 11/1/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: