Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Costa Rica: Authorities end investigation of alleged export of fake organic pineapples
The authorities of the State Phytosanitary Service (SFE) of the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (MAG) stated that they had attended to all the consultations and concerns of the pineapple sector regarding the complaints, and the subsequent investigation, against the companies exporting organic pineapple.
"In the specific case mentioned in the press, we conducted the corresponding audits regarding non-conformities, applying the current regulations in this matter and following due process. At the end, the complaints filed were dismissed and, based on technical criteria, the investigation was closed," stated Marco Vinicio Jimenez Salas, Director of the SFE.
The SFE also said that at no time have they silenced officials on this issue. The subsequent administrative processes responded to a request raised by the Internal Audit on aspects related to the handling of the information. The disciplinary matter, which was dealt with in a proceeding, has no direct relationship with the technical investigation regarding exports of organic pineapple.
"Moreover, the Administration ordered the Unit of Organic Agriculture to continue with the programmed control procedures to guarantee the traceability of the merchandise and its organic integrity", stated Jimenez.
Pilar Jiménez Quirós
Publication date: 11/2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: