- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Worker friendly, dual packaging table now available
"Our new machine, the SPS-7-01, is a fully automated multi-level packing table for fruits and vegetables. At first glance, it is the size and the number of working stations that catches your eye. The table is a bit bigger than standard packing tables, which equals increased output. At each side of the table there are stations for 6 employees, so, when being used to full capacity, it can hold up to 12 people," shared Anita Kacprowicz from Sorter.
Though the table is a bit bigger than the standard packing table, it was designed in a way to save space and cater to companies where sorting and packing is carried out manually, with a number of different products. For example, half of the table can be devoted to sorting and packing fruit in cardboard boxes while the other side is busy packing tomatoes in punnets. The following day the products and packaging can change.
Each workstation is equipped with worktop rollers, whose task is to smoothly move the packaging with little effort by the employee. There is also a double scale set; with one scale designed for weighing products in punnet containers, boxes, cartons and trays and the second, which is equipped with a special handle, allowing you to weigh fruits and vegetables in bags.
The multi-level conveyors transport the packaged product to further stages of production, eg. to a central scales, to a flow-pack packing machine, etc. The empty containers are transported, by the highest conveyor, to the collection point, thereby reducing the need to leave the workstation to place aside empty containers in which the product was delivered prior to sorting.
The central conveyor steers the fruit into the collecting box, which means that the employee does not have to leave the workstation. All of the conveyors operate in automatic mode and there is an emergency stop button at each station in order to improve comfort and safety at work.
"We customise the table to suit the needs of each customer. In the past, customers reported that they wasted a lot of time preparing the stations for each product they produced, but now they are able to have one working station for various types of packaging, such as cartons, bags, trays and plastic packages, such as punnet containers," concluded Anita.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 New Tiny Tim's mini avocado bag launched
- 10/15/2018 Spain: New packaging format that reduces plastic use by 99%
- 10/12/2018 Denmark introduces climate label for food
- 10/10/2018 South Africa: Woolworths to trial plastic bag free store
- 10/10/2018 First software for optimal selection of fruit and veg packaging
- 10/09/2018 Corn grower and shipper offering new eco-friendly corn trays
- 10/09/2018 Lidl Ireland to remove black plastic packaging from fruit & vegetables
- 10/08/2018 Winscribe: resealable top seal packaging
- 10/08/2018 Coop tests organic vegetables without packaging
- 10/08/2018 Market Check: Greenpeace targets disposable bags
- 10/08/2018 Tesco will scrap 'best before' dates on fruit and vegetable lines
- 10/04/2018 Two new solutions by Plastica Sud at Fruit Attraction 2018
- 10/04/2018 New Zealand retailer New World enters war against plastic waste
- 10/03/2018 Organto streamlines receiving and packaging operations
- 09/28/2018 Produce packaging company and labeling system manufacturer enter partnership
- 09/27/2018 UK: Postal service tells public to stop mailing chip bags
- 09/25/2018 Mela Val Venosta renews its co-branding with Disney
- 09/25/2018 Shelf life extension packaging now available for meal kits
- 09/24/2018 Mela Val Venosta renews its co-branding with Disney
- 09/24/2018 France: Paprec Recyclage and Groupe Guillin speed up recycling of PET plastic food trays