Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jordan refuses entry to Lebanese potato shipmentLast Wednesday, the Ministry of Agriculture of Jordan refused to grant entry to a shipment of potatoes imported from Lebanon totalling 7,000 thousand tonnes (30 trucks) after failure to provide the necessary documents that reassure the Jordanian side of the safety of this product.
The Minister of Agriculture, Engineer Khaled Al-Hunifat told Petra that Jordan and Lebanon maintain good relations, and that apart from this incident, the exchange of goods and commodities is going as usual.
It is worth noting that Prime Minister Dr. Hani al-Mulki explained during a telephone call with his Lebanese counterpart that any problems associated with the shipment of Lebanese potatoes could be solved if they are procedural, but that any issues that may compromise the product's safety are unacceptable and won't be allowed because the safety and health of Jordanian consumers is a red line that won't be crossed.
Publication date: 10/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: