Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jordan refuses entry to Lebanese potato shipmentLast Wednesday, the Ministry of Agriculture of Jordan refused to grant entry to a shipment of potatoes imported from Lebanon totalling 7,000 thousand tonnes (30 trucks) after failure to provide the necessary documents that reassure the Jordanian side of the safety of this product.
The Minister of Agriculture, Engineer Khaled Al-Hunifat told Petra that Jordan and Lebanon maintain good relations, and that apart from this incident, the exchange of goods and commodities is going as usual.
It is worth noting that Prime Minister Dr. Hani al-Mulki explained during a telephone call with his Lebanese counterpart that any problems associated with the shipment of Lebanese potatoes could be solved if they are procedural, but that any issues that may compromise the product's safety are unacceptable and won't be allowed because the safety and health of Jordanian consumers is a red line that won't be crossed.
Publication date: 10/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: