Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
CA: Prince Edward Island Potato Board unveils new TV ad
The P.E.I. Potato Board has unveiled it's new advertisement which will play on TV and online.
Greg Donald, general manager of the board, said the video advertisement is something the board has considered for a long time, and now it can showcase P.E.I. potatoes to the world.
"The potato industry is an important part of P.E.I. and who we are — it's an important part of the economy, our culture our scenery," Donald said.
"There's fewer people that are involved in the industry, there's fewer people involved in agriculture. We want to take every opportunity we can to engage with those who aren't involved in the industry."
Donald said the advertisement will run locally on CBC News: Compass and throughout the Atlantic region, on Hockey Night in Canada and online.
Kendra Mills, marketing director of the potato board said the advertisement was a "huge" and "very expensive" undertaking for the potato board.
"It's something that we've worked on and really wanted to take the opportunity to showcase Prince Edward Island to our friends and neighbours and the rest of the world."
Donald added the province provided a portion of the funding required to make the advertisement.
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: