Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CA: Prince Edward Island Potato Board unveils new TV ad
The P.E.I. Potato Board has unveiled it's new advertisement which will play on TV and online.
Greg Donald, general manager of the board, said the video advertisement is something the board has considered for a long time, and now it can showcase P.E.I. potatoes to the world.
"The potato industry is an important part of P.E.I. and who we are — it's an important part of the economy, our culture our scenery," Donald said.
"There's fewer people that are involved in the industry, there's fewer people involved in agriculture. We want to take every opportunity we can to engage with those who aren't involved in the industry."
Donald said the advertisement will run locally on CBC News: Compass and throughout the Atlantic region, on Hockey Night in Canada and online.
Kendra Mills, marketing director of the potato board said the advertisement was a "huge" and "very expensive" undertaking for the potato board.
"It's something that we've worked on and really wanted to take the opportunity to showcase Prince Edward Island to our friends and neighbours and the rest of the world."
Donald added the province provided a portion of the funding required to make the advertisement.
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: