Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Fiji government to focus on increasing pineapple production
The pineapple remains one of Fiji's best-performing commodities, says Agriculture Minister Inia Seruiratu.
He said the focus for the ministry was on increasing pineapple production in the country.
"We are multiplying the planting material so that we can produce on a larger scale," he said.
Mr Seruiratu said pineapple production on a commercial scale was growing steadily across the country.
"Ba, a province of Fiji, is one of the provinces that is doing very well and we started this program in Ba about four years ago," he said. "Ra is picking up on pineapples and Nadroga as well."
He added that transportation continued to be a concern in Vanua Levu.
"For Vanua Levu it's the transportation that we are really concerned with. For it to be economically viable we need to look at minimal costs."
"Vanua Levu produces good pineapples, particularly in the Macuata and Nasarawaqa areas."
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: