Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fiji government to focus on increasing pineapple production
The pineapple remains one of Fiji's best-performing commodities, says Agriculture Minister Inia Seruiratu.
He said the focus for the ministry was on increasing pineapple production in the country.
"We are multiplying the planting material so that we can produce on a larger scale," he said.
Mr Seruiratu said pineapple production on a commercial scale was growing steadily across the country.
"Ba, a province of Fiji, is one of the provinces that is doing very well and we started this program in Ba about four years ago," he said. "Ra is picking up on pineapples and Nadroga as well."
He added that transportation continued to be a concern in Vanua Levu.
"For Vanua Levu it's the transportation that we are really concerned with. For it to be economically viable we need to look at minimal costs."
"Vanua Levu produces good pineapples, particularly in the Macuata and Nasarawaqa areas."
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: