Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Studies reveal papaya could help prevent cancer and other diseases
According to recent studies papaya may help in preventing many medical maladies.
"Due to its high content of nutrients, vitamins and medicinal properties, papaya helps to prevent cancer, cardiovascular diseases, skin and eyes maladies, but it has a very low consumption among the population." said Patricia Esquivel Rodríguez, P.h.d. in Food Science and research professor at the University of Costa Rica, at the 5th International Seminar of Papaya, held at the Hotel El Conquistador in Paseo de Montejo.
The scientist has carried out studies on the daily consumption of this fruit, of the red variety. She recommends that the perfect age to start consumption is at 4 years-old to take an advantage of its healthy properties.
She noted that at least 300 grams of raw fruit should be eaten daily, and especially red papaya that has high lipotene and caratenoid content, anti-cancer elements, and is a rich source of antioxidants.
To fight against the lack of inclusion of papaya in the daily diet, Dr. Esquivel Rodriguez created a puree treated with heat so that it conserves its properties, and now that fruit “smoothies” for weight reduction are in fashion, the puree has greater consumption in the population.
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: