Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk wins Lloyd’s List Asia 'Container Operator of the Year' award
Maersk Line has been named ‘Container Operator of the Year’ at the annual Lloyd’s List Asia awards in Singapore. Maersk Line received the award for continuous network advancements, market leading digital solutions and trade finance, which allows customers to expand their business and reach new markets, the company said in its press release.
Collecting the award on behalf of Maersk Line, Mr. Rupesh Jain, Maersk Line’s South East Asia Managing Director said “I am very honoured to accept this award on behalf of the Maersk Line. It is the recognition of the continued support we have seen from our customers and peers during a challenging time for Maersk Line, it is also great to take this back to our employees who really deserve this award.”
“Maersk Line’s commitment to market leadership goes beyond the number of vessels in our fleet. Our highest priority is being the customer’s preferred container operator so we work hard to develop a network and provide services that resonates with our customers” said Mr. Jain, Maersk Line’s South East Asia Managing Director.
Throughout 2017, Maersk Line has introduced several improvements to its services and product offering. On the Asia-North Europe trade, Maersk Line established another service, improving the transit time for shippers. New services have also been established between Asia and the US East Coast and Asia and West Africa.
Trade Finance is another way Maersk Line is making shipping easier and more accessible for customers. Available in Singapore, India, Spain, the Netherlands, the USA and the UAE, Maersk Line is offering local customers easy access to capital at a lower cost for their global shipments, offering a single window to manage the flow of goods and the flow of capital to their customers.
Maersk Line’s focus on the field of innovation was also noted, in particular for Remote Container Management and blockchain technologies. In Q3 2017 Maersk Line became the first shipping company to address reefer customers’ need for greater cargo visibility by giving real time data about the state of their cargo including location, temperature, humidity and other conditions. The data is valuable for customers to understand and optimise their supply chains.
Maersk Line is also collaborating with IBM to explore an end-to-end global digital trading network based on blockchain technology. The Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) estimates that 15% of the overall value of traded goods around the world is comprised of hidden costs, much of it a result of the manual processes underlying most transactions.
This translates into losses of $100 billion per year. The network will enable the real-time exchange of supply chain events and documents. This will reduce the cost of goods for consumers, address important issues like fraud, and enable a greater supply of goods from small and medium sized companies around the world, especially those in emerging economies.
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: