Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
The Peruvian delegation, made up of over 80 companies in the fruit and vegetable sector, saw a very successful three-days at the PMA Fresh Summit with over a US$260 millions projection in sales orders, according to official sources from the Peru Export and Tourism Promotion Board, PROMPERÚ.
Peru showcased blueberries, avocados, mandarins, mangos, asparagus, pomegranates and grapes. Attendees were also treated to culinary tastings by Peruvian chefs made with the featured super foods like: mango pisco sour and blueberry mousse with toasted quinoa. In addition, the offerings served ceviche, causa, anticuchos, etc.
“This fair, as a platform, showed us that North America is still a very important market for our export offer. The interesting thing is that this time we brought our newest offer: fresh super foods and other product presentations. More than 700 commercial contacts were made and we saw a closer approach to retail."
"We are very pleased to have surpassed the projections we had to reach the $250 million in sales with the products we showcased and our challenge now is to continue identifying new business opportunities and distribution channels within the North American market,” said Victor Sarabia, spokesperson and Director of the Agribusiness Department for PROMPERÚ.
Among one the most important announcements were the one made by Rodolfo Pacheco, President of ProGranada, regarding Peru’s recently completed first campaign of whole, fresh pomegranate exports to the United States. The country could only export the arils before.
This represents an opportunity for the pomegranate’s growth and the country expects a dramatic increase in the exports over the next campaigns.
Representatives of the different super foods sectors received buyers, companies and investors from all over the world –countries like China, South Korea, Taiwan, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom and United States– in Peru’s 1080-sq.ft. stand for over 700 hundred business meetings.
Among the products showcased during the fair, there was a great demand for mandarins and grapes, but the growing sector of the Peruvian avocado was also one of the main highlights. Almost 40% of Peru’s fresh produce export campaigns to the United States are negotiated during the PMA Fresh Summit, which represents a 45% of the fresh produce export campaigns worldwide.
For more information:
SUPER FOODS PERU
Publication date: 10/31/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: