Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
The JUICI apple from Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers was their spotlight for the second consecutive PMA , and as the company’s booth team began comparing notes, a definite consensus emerged.
The OSRG PMA Fresh Summit booth team. Photo courtesy of Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers
Many responses from those who sampled the JUICI, a cross between the Honeycrisp and Braeburn, hit on the fruit’s crunchiness, and one visitor stated, “It has that tangy and sweet taste similar to the Honeycrisp – but more pronounced.”
According to Bruce Turner, OSRG National Marketing Representative, response has been so positive that this year’s JUICI crop is virtually all spoken for. The apple has in its second year of commercial distribution, doubled in volume and will continue to increase as several new plantings come online.
One of five electronic billboards announcing JUICI in New Orleans appeared along the route
from the airport to 2017’s PMA Fresh Summit. Photo courtesy of Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers
Turner tells that calls for the JUICI are coming in daily since PMA. “What we got from the show is that there’s huge interest here in the United States for the JUICI."
Currently OSRG’s primary focus is on marketing the JUICI across North America, but Turner said the apple has also generated a following in Asian markets.
For more information:
Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers
Tel: +1 509 663 2191
Publication date: 10/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: