Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Xiamen harbour citrus exports revived
According to a report of the Inspection and Quarantine main office, Myanmar has recently agreed to reinstate imports of Chinese agricultural products. This includes citrus fruits, apples, grapes, pears, pomegranate, tobacco and other products. The Xiamen harbour is renowned for its citrus export. Quanzhou and Zhangzhou in Fujian province are the main production regions of citrus products in China and the neighbouring Xiamen harbour is the main harbour in China for the export of citrus fruits as a result. The exports of the harbour are focused on Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines and Thailand.
Starting from 1 January 2010, when a trade treaty was signed between China and the ASEAN countries, the trade flows have greatly favoured the harbour in Fujian province. Every year, a total of 500,000 tons of citrus fruits have been exported from Xiamen. But, ever since 1 January of this year, Myanmar has ordered that all imported agricultural products have to pass a risk assessment procedure. Many batches of agricultural products have been detained in the harbour as a result.
è”¬ (è”¬) [shÅ«]
Publication date: 10/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: