Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Innovation at ExpoDirekt 2017
Artificial intelligence in asparagus and berry sector with Fruit ONEThe Fruit ONE produce and navigation system has been specially developed for the asparagus and berry industry. Without much red tape or complexity, parties can now permanently check all sales and deliveries online with Fruit ONE. The system informs the user independently about minimum quantities, turnover and financial data.
During the development of Fruit ONE a special emphasis was placed on the system’s ease of use. Through extensive tests, in consultation with customers, a fail-safe system was developed. Even in the case of short-term network failures, all stored data will be transmitted automatically at a later date.
With its performance, Fruit ONE goes far beyond the possibilities offered by registration systems, because it forces permanent optimization and control of sales volumes. The robust, compact and easy-to-use Fruit ONE sales and navigation system consists of the following components:
- Fruit ONE Scale (Ohaus)
- Fruit ONE Mobile (mobile phone or tablet)
- Fruit ONE Central (server)
- Fruit ONE Web (Client)
The operation is intuitive and context-oriented.
The Fruit ONE center is the heart of the system. It includes all the components necessary to help navigate suppliers of goods between different locations via GPS. Furthermore, all product movements are registered, right up to the point of sale.
The system optimizes the transport routes of the goods as well as the corresponding sales through its artificial intelligence. In this case, state-of-the-art optimization technology has been employed. Thanks to the close collaboration between Gerd Thom GmbH and the DFKI (the German Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence) at the University of Saarbrücken, Fruit ONE developed a very innovative and powerful system.
Via a web-based system, the customer can change configurations or settings of master data from a PC or tablet (Fruit ONE Web) in a very simple way, no matter where they are.
Each driver is equipped with a Fruit ONE mobile phone for the delivery to the sales points. The functions of a route planner as well as all machine inputs and outputs are logged by the driver. All the sites and all delivery quantities are recorded and can be called up in real time.
For more information:
GERD THOM GmbH
Telefon +49(0)6898 – 93395-0
Telefax +49(0)6898 – 93395-21
Publication date: 10/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: