- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Russia: Large fruit storage to be built in Karachay-Cherkessia
- BASF acquires additional seed and crop protection businesses and Bayer assets
- New US distributor for single bag SO2 liners
- Bees are becoming ‘addicted’ to pesticides blamed for killing them
- Argentina requests $50 billion loan from IMF as crisis worsens
Top 5 -last week
Innovation at ExpoDirekt 2017
Artificial intelligence in asparagus and berry sector with Fruit ONE
During the development of Fruit ONE a special emphasis was placed on the system’s ease of use. Through extensive tests, in consultation with customers, a fail-safe system was developed. Even in the case of short-term network failures, all stored data will be transmitted automatically at a later date.
With its performance, Fruit ONE goes far beyond the possibilities offered by registration systems, because it forces permanent optimization and control of sales volumes. The robust, compact and easy-to-use Fruit ONE sales and navigation system consists of the following components:
- Fruit ONE Scale (Ohaus)
- Fruit ONE Mobile (mobile phone or tablet)
- Fruit ONE Central (server)
- Fruit ONE Web (Client)
The operation is intuitive and context-oriented.
The Fruit ONE center is the heart of the system. It includes all the components necessary to help navigate suppliers of goods between different locations via GPS. Furthermore, all product movements are registered, right up to the point of sale.
The system optimizes the transport routes of the goods as well as the corresponding sales through its artificial intelligence. In this case, state-of-the-art optimization technology has been employed. Thanks to the close collaboration between Gerd Thom GmbH and the DFKI (the German Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence) at the University of Saarbrücken, Fruit ONE developed a very innovative and powerful system.
Via a web-based system, the customer can change configurations or settings of master data from a PC or tablet (Fruit ONE Web) in a very simple way, no matter where they are.
Each driver is equipped with a Fruit ONE mobile phone for the delivery to the sales points. The functions of a route planner as well as all machine inputs and outputs are logged by the driver. All the sites and all delivery quantities are recorded and can be called up in real time.
For more information:
GERD THOM GmbH
Telefon +49(0)6898 – 93395-0
Telefax +49(0)6898 – 93395-21
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 University specialists and apple growers bring data to the orchard
- 09/18/2018 Biodegradable plastic bags developed in South Africa
- 09/17/2018 Bulgarian scientists develop installation for fish and vegetables
- 09/14/2018 A new way of fruit cutting in retail
- 09/14/2018 India: Increasing shelf life of onions
- 09/13/2018 Robot counter helps growers keep track of apples
- 09/12/2018 "Foodservice operators should capitalize on visual trends through social media"
- 09/11/2018 Wireless temperature loggers working together with MAP system
- 09/11/2018 Interko opens Russian office to satisfy local ripening room demand
- 09/10/2018 Autonomous robot pollinates bramble plants
- 09/07/2018 Fruit kit to make fruit water
- 09/06/2018 Audi Foundation supports orchards with drones
- 09/06/2018 CargoX: Smart contracts greatly reducing BoL transfer times
- 09/06/2018 Woolworths trials ‘scan and go’ technology
- 09/06/2018 Crop picking robot ‘Tarzan’ inspired by sloths
- 09/05/2018 Florida scientists hope to breed better-tasting sweet corn
- 09/03/2018 Paying for fruit and veg with crypto in Ukraine
- 08/31/2018 China's agricultural remote monitoring provides global service
- 08/31/2018 'Move over delivery drones, warehouse drones are ready for the spotlight'
- 08/31/2018 AU: Electric partnership powers energy innovation