Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
STI Germany invest millions in expanding its fleet of multi-temperature trucks
Logistics provider STI Germany, subsidiary of STI Freight Management is expanding its fleet further: from November onwards, 20 new multi temperature trucks will be on the roads to routes all over Europe.
This brings the total number of modern, multi-chamber trucks run by STI to over 150. “That makes us number one in Europe for multi-temperature trucks at the moment. And we want to expand this position even further”, says Björn Heinermann, CEO of STI Germany.
The vehicles allow for the simultaneous delivery of goods at all temperature levels dry, fresh and frozen. “Our clients in the catering and food retail industries profit from our service and save on resources, time and money”, Heinermann adds.
Digital transport technology and efficient processes
At the beginning of last year, STI was already starting to expand and modernise its truck fleet. And in 2016, STI invested in new multi-temperature trucks. In addition to these investments in equipment, the Duisburg-based logistics provider also upgraded its trucks with modern telematics and safety systems.
All temperature-controlled transports are processed digitally: the STI planning department centrally monitors all delivery details such as hold temperature, route progression and driver status updates. Order management is also completely digital: drivers and expediters transmit order details via tablet or smartphone.
“By modernising all aspects of surface transport, we’re striving to achieve the best possible workflow. Our goals include lean processes, efficient route planning, a lower consumption of resources and the lowest possible transport costs”, explains Heinermann.
To achieve this, STI Germany will have invested a further two million Euros by the end of the year.
For more information:
Tel: +49 (0) 201 29 881 13
Publication date: 10/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: