Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Georgia plans to increase exports of kiwifruit to Japan this year
Georgia is increasing the export of kiwifruit to Japan, the Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia has told.
The Minister of Agriculture Levan Davitashvili stated Japan was an interesting market for Georgia and exporting kiwifruit to Japan was important for the country.
Davitashvili met the President of Japanese trading company Agri and co-founder of Georgian kiwifruit producing company Nergeta at his office today to discuss how to boost kiwifruit export to Japan.
As the President of Agri said, there was big potential for developing kiwifruit culture in Georgia as the climatic conditions are preferable in the country.
"Last year we imported Georgian kiwifruit for the first time and it was much appreciated there. We think this year consumption of imported kiwifruit will increase. Due to high demand we plan to increase import of Georgian kiwifruit,” said President of Agri.
Georgian company Nergeta, were first to export kiwifruit to Japan in 2016. This year the company plans to export about 100 tonnes of kiwifruit to Japan, said the Ministry of Agriculture.
Publication date: 10/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: