Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Georgia plans to increase exports of kiwifruit to Japan this year
Georgia is increasing the export of kiwifruit to Japan, the Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia has told.
The Minister of Agriculture Levan Davitashvili stated Japan was an interesting market for Georgia and exporting kiwifruit to Japan was important for the country.
Davitashvili met the President of Japanese trading company Agri and co-founder of Georgian kiwifruit producing company Nergeta at his office today to discuss how to boost kiwifruit export to Japan.
As the President of Agri said, there was big potential for developing kiwifruit culture in Georgia as the climatic conditions are preferable in the country.
"Last year we imported Georgian kiwifruit for the first time and it was much appreciated there. We think this year consumption of imported kiwifruit will increase. Due to high demand we plan to increase import of Georgian kiwifruit,” said President of Agri.
Georgian company Nergeta, were first to export kiwifruit to Japan in 2016. This year the company plans to export about 100 tonnes of kiwifruit to Japan, said the Ministry of Agriculture.
Publication date: 10/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: