Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Producers want Tabasco's plantain to enter the EU without tariffs
Tabasco is one of the Mexico's main producers of plantains and it is seeking to eliminate tariffs that apply to this fruit to enter the European Union (EU), as it is its market par excellence, even before the United States.
The producers of that State find it important that their request be taken into account during the renegotiations of the Free Trade Agreement between the European Union and Mexico (TLCUEM) because this market represents about 70 percent of the total of their exports, stated Adrian Prats, a representative of the Plantain Product System at the national level.
Even though the US is the natural destination for Mexican food, it only accounts for 8 to 10 percent of Tabasco's plantain exports because the American company Chiquita established itself in Chiapas, Prats said.
Tapachula ships 180 to 200 containers of 21.6 tons per week, he said.
The rest of Tabasco's sales are shipped to other nations like Russia.
Source: Agencia Reforma
Publication date: 10/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: