Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Energy drinks from fruit; crisps, rice, noodles and spaghetti from vegetables
Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
A profit can still be made in the United States, which becomes apparent from how the American companies present themselves at the PMA Fresh Summit. There are also plenty of innovations, they’re all presented in the reception hall. Many presentations consist of a slightly different packaging, with the words Local, NON-GMO and Organic printed on it in bold letters. Yet some remarkable trends can be noticed.Please click here for a photo report of the innovations.
How about organic energy drinks based on fruit?
Or a fruit and vegetable cleaning spray?
Rice based on cauliflower and sweet potatoes.
Exotic Vegetable Crisps.
Much attention is paid to the out-of-home segment.
Whether or not in combination with children. An anonymous panel with many retail representatives, among others, gave Mucci Farms the Best Packaging Promo Award.
Ready Pac makes it easy for its consumers with their soup and wrap kits.
Many steaming packaging were also found.
Many snack tomato growers offer mix packs.
As well as the carrot growers.
Colour stands out in any case: Limoneira even has pink lemons.
And these walnuts are black.
Please click here for a photo report of the innovations.
Publication date: 10/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: