Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruit Inspection for the US
Chile: Lo Herrera's phytosanitary inspection site begins work
The Lo Herrera Phytosanitary Inspection Site of the Pre-Shipment Program of the SAG / USDA-APHIS / ASOEX, which is located in the commune of San Bernardo, in the Metropolitan Region, began its inspection activities for fruit destined for the United States of America, on Tuesday, 24 October 2017.
The facility, which is located within the Mediterranean fruit fly quarantine area range, was authorized to inspect fruit from areas free of that insect by a commission of the USDA-APHIS that verified and certified said facility.
The USDA-APHIS Commission was formed by Luis Fuentes, Jose Cobo, USDA-APHIS and Adriana Valenzuela, USDA-APHIS. They were accompanied by Jacqueline Contreras, from the SAG, and ASOEX professionals, Fernando Pacha, Jimena Lopez, Juan Padilla, Sebastian Torres, and Cecilia Ruiz.
During the 2016-2017 season, phytosanitary inspection sites throughout Chile inspected a total of 38,685,541 boxes of fresh fruits. The Lo Herrera site inspected 7,676,539 boxes, mainly of stone fruit species.
Publication date: 10/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: