Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruit Inspection for the US
Chile: Lo Herrera's phytosanitary inspection site begins work
The Lo Herrera Phytosanitary Inspection Site of the Pre-Shipment Program of the SAG / USDA-APHIS / ASOEX, which is located in the commune of San Bernardo, in the Metropolitan Region, began its inspection activities for fruit destined for the United States of America, on Tuesday, 24 October 2017.
The facility, which is located within the Mediterranean fruit fly quarantine area range, was authorized to inspect fruit from areas free of that insect by a commission of the USDA-APHIS that verified and certified said facility.
The USDA-APHIS Commission was formed by Luis Fuentes, Jose Cobo, USDA-APHIS and Adriana Valenzuela, USDA-APHIS. They were accompanied by Jacqueline Contreras, from the SAG, and ASOEX professionals, Fernando Pacha, Jimena Lopez, Juan Padilla, Sebastian Torres, and Cecilia Ruiz.
During the 2016-2017 season, phytosanitary inspection sites throughout Chile inspected a total of 38,685,541 boxes of fresh fruits. The Lo Herrera site inspected 7,676,539 boxes, mainly of stone fruit species.
Publication date: 10/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: