Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Chongqing's first cooling distribution park opens in Hechuan district
A few days ago, the city of Chongqing set up its first cooling distribution park for organic and ecological agricultural products in the suburban Hechuan district.
According to reports, this project is estimated to be completed within a year. It will become the distribution center for off-season vegetables in Chongqing. The park will provide Chonqing city and the neighbouring cities and provinces with healthy and affordable off-season vegetables. When the time comes, the residents from Chongqing will benefit greatly from the project, as buying off-season vegetables will be 20-50% cheaper.
This construction of the project is financed by 350 million RMB from the Simin Refrigeration Equipment Llc. It will set up storerooms of 20,000 tons and 100,000 square meters that can maintain temperature and preserve fresh goods. They will also build an international promotional center for advanced agricultural techniques which will contain a processing and distribution workshop of 33,000 square meters, distribution warehouses and logistic centers. The park will integrate all business services into one place.
Publication date: 10/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: