Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chiquita's latest campaign brought "Bananamania" to New Orleans
After Chiquita's Banana Sun campaign of celestial proportions garnered coverage in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Mashable, Food & Wine Magazine, CNNMoney, and CBS News. Now, the produce brand has brought things back down to earth with their latest campaign, Big Easy Bananamania.
Click here to view more images.
In celebration of this past weekend’s Produce Marketing Association (PMA) Convention, Chiquita organised some fun in the heart of New Orleans, banana happenings around the city to give convention guests and beloved New Orleanean’s the impression that they were going, well, bananas.
These banana moments hidden in places frequented by conference attendees feel as if the banana mania were following them around town.
As they moved through their day in New Orleans attendees would have seen:
- Chiquita Banana shaped luggage going round and round alongside other luggage in the baggage carousels at the airport.
- Parents pushing strollers with a Chiquita Banana “baby" inside.
- Banana front desk clerks to greet you upon check-in at your hotel.
- A banana jazz band performing live in Jackson Square.
- Banana tourists taking a segway tour near the convention center.
- A Banana commuter casually riding on the streetcar.
- A hot dog cart that upon closer inspection is serving Chiquita Banana Hotdogs.
“Even with all of the wheeling and dealing going on, professional conferences can get a bit tedious. We wanted to bring a little dose of fun to the proceedings, while showing all of the big players in the produce game that we're committed to building Chiquita's iconic brand.” said Wieden+Kennedy Creative Lead, Mike Egan.
“These stunts were created to remind people that bananas aren’t just the most yellow fruit, but also the most humorous. It was Chiquita's duty and pleasure to bring some of that fun to the Big Easy.”
For media inquiries please contact: www.chiquita.com
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: