Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Among other factors
China: Rain leads to drop in Yichang orange production
This year's Yichang orange production has been affected by many different factors, leading to a drop in production. Compared to last year, the price has increased significantly. Long periods of rain have led to oranges falling, but this is not the main reason for the drop in production. Orange trees have a large and small physiological cycle. Last year's harvest was big, so this year's will be small. Next year's harvest will then be big again. Furthermore, many production areas have changed orange trees, which means that these trees will not bear fruit this year. This has also affected the fruit bearing rate.
This year's total orange production area in Yichang is over 200,000 hectares (2 million mu). This is an increase of 4,960 hectares (49,600 mu) from last year, which is a drop for the area per individual farmer. Compared to last year, this year's total production has not changed much, dropping approximately 9.23%.
Source: Three Gorges Evening News
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: