Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand Kiwifruit prices continue to rise
Overseas demand is high for the SunGold kiwifruit variety and prices continue to rise.
As a result, Zespri chairman Peter McBride is forecasting a net profit after tax of $96 million to $101m for the year ended March 31, 2018. Profit last year was $73.7m.
This upsurge in demand and price is reflected in Zespri’s updated market forecast for October, which again shows prices for all classes of kiwifruit are up on the August forecast.
SunGold is fetching $9.73/tray versus $9.28 in August, while Green14 is $5.39/tray vs $5.25 in August. Other classes of kiwifruit are also up in value.
Zespri publishes two-monthly ‘indicative’ price updates (these do not reflect prices payable to individual growers).
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: