Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand Kiwifruit prices continue to rise
Overseas demand is high for the SunGold kiwifruit variety and prices continue to rise.
As a result, Zespri chairman Peter McBride is forecasting a net profit after tax of $96 million to $101m for the year ended March 31, 2018. Profit last year was $73.7m.
This upsurge in demand and price is reflected in Zespri’s updated market forecast for October, which again shows prices for all classes of kiwifruit are up on the August forecast.
SunGold is fetching $9.73/tray versus $9.28 in August, while Green14 is $5.39/tray vs $5.25 in August. Other classes of kiwifruit are also up in value.
Zespri publishes two-monthly ‘indicative’ price updates (these do not reflect prices payable to individual growers).
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: