Job offersmore »
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand Kiwifruit prices continue to rise
Overseas demand is high for the SunGold kiwifruit variety and prices continue to rise.
As a result, Zespri chairman Peter McBride is forecasting a net profit after tax of $96 million to $101m for the year ended March 31, 2018. Profit last year was $73.7m.
This upsurge in demand and price is reflected in Zespri’s updated market forecast for October, which again shows prices for all classes of kiwifruit are up on the August forecast.
SunGold is fetching $9.73/tray versus $9.28 in August, while Green14 is $5.39/tray vs $5.25 in August. Other classes of kiwifruit are also up in value.
Zespri publishes two-monthly ‘indicative’ price updates (these do not reflect prices payable to individual growers).
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: