Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
- "As soon as I saw the Kiwano melon I thought - this is something special"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran: Banana imports increase 40% hitting $267 million
A round 347,000 tons of fresh green or dried bananas worth $267 million were imported into Iran during the first half of the current Iranian year (March 21-Sept. 22).
This marks a 40% rise in both volume and value compared with the corresponding period of last year, figures released by the Islamic Republic of Iran Customs Administration showed.
As such, banana imports account for 2.02% and 1.13% of Iran’s total amount of imports over the six-month period, Eranico reported.
The UAE, Turkey, Ecuador, Sri Lanka, India and Philippines were the main countries from where the fruit was imported.
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: