Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kazakhstan claims that infected fruit and veg are imported from KyrgyzstanKazakhstan claims that infected fruits and vegetables are being brought from Kyrgyzstan and has threatened to re-introduce phytosanitary controls at the border. This was reported by the agency Tengrinews.kz citing the Ministry of Information and Communications of Kazakhstan.
According to them, 835 vehicles of Kyrgyz carriers were checked between 10 and 17 October. Of these, one in eight was found to be in gross violation of the transport legislation of Kazakhstan. As a result, administrative fines totalling 5.6 million Tenge (about 14,190 Euro) were imposed.
"Since the strengthening of the phytosanitary controls, 127 trucks have been inspected, with a total of 20 violations detected. The total volume of the products returned amounts to 202 tonnes. Three quarantine objects were identified: the Comstock worm, the eastern moth and the Asian fruit fly," the report said.
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: