Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
New Primaflor general director presentedThe celebration of Primaflor's 40th anniversary in the framework of Fruit Atraction was the moment chosen by the president of the company, Lorenzo Belmonte, to present the firm's new General Director, the Dutch Ronni Diepstraten, to clients and suppliers from all over the world.
Primaflor celebrated forty years of development, innovation and national and international success in the production of leafy vegetables with an event that brought together in Madrid more than three hundred of its Spanish and European customers, suppliers, managers and friends of the company, taking advantage of its presence at Fruit Atraction.
And in that context, the president of Primaflor, Lorenzo Belmonte, announced the name of the man who will act as General Director of the Group.
Ronni Diepstraten (Breda, The Netherlands, 1971) is a Bachelor of Commerce and Master in Business Administration. Following his beginnings at Primaflor's sales team in 1997, he held executive positions in the Swiss Eisberg Group and has been brought back to Primaflor as part of the firm's commitment to have a young and professional management team oriented towards future challenges.
For Ronni Diepstraten, the first of these challenges in the Almeria-based company is precisely "to protect the Primaflor spirit, driving the company's exemplary human team to focus on maintaining a wide range of quality products."
Primaflor, which produces 52 weeks a year, has an area of 6,400 hectares, more than half of which in the province of Almeria and the rest in Murcia, Granada, Albacete, Leon and, since 2015, also in the United Kingdom.
It is specialised in the cultivation of several lettuce varieties, oriental vegetables, and tender shoots, as well as in the production of ready-made salads. The company stands out for its full control on all processes, from seed to the shelf, with the concept of innovation as part of its DNA. In fact, the firm has its own experimental farms, with test plots where it has been developing more than 350 varieties. Primaflor's investment in R&D reached 1.1 million Euro last year.
As explained by the company's corporate director, Cecilio Peregrín, the improvements in which they are currently working are aimed at consumers. "We look into how to make the consumption of our products more attractive and, logically, we do that through our distribution customers."
Source: Diario de Almería
Publication date: 10/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: